Investigative Tools and Resources
- Powerbase – an open, wiki-style site that documents networks of power; such as lobbying and PR groups
- WhatDoTheyKnow – the simplest way to submit Freedom of Information requests (FOI)
- Investigative Dashboard – searches huge datasets for information on given companies or individuals; maps relationships; etc.
The National Union of Teachers (NUT)
- All academies resources are contained here
- Academies Toolkit – aimed at members, but a great resource for all
- Privatisation Update – latest news on academies and free schools
Government Statistics & Information
- Current academy sponsors and contact information
- Academy sponsor Funding Agreements, Annual Reports, Financial Statements, etc.
- Search the Companies House website by academy trust name
- Up-to-date list of academies, both open and in development
- Academy trusts: notices about poor performance – list of government warnings sent to academy trusts
Pressure Groups, Networks, and Alliances
- Local Schools Network – promoting the cause of local state schools
- Anti-Academies Alliance – a campaign by parents, teachers, pupils, unions, etc.
Education News Websites